Patient Notebook TAUC
- Total Access Urgent Care patients can pay bills online
- An account number and credit or debit card is needed to complete the payment
Patients who have recently opened their mailboxes only to find a bill from Total Access Urgent care staring right back at them can now relieve themselves of the pesky debt by making a quick and secure online payment. To get started with the online payment process patients will need to grab their bill and go directly to the online bill payment page. Once at the payment page an account number, phone number, patient name, and email address will need to be entered into the provided fields (email is optional but recommended for those wanting to keep a receipt for their records). Those having a hard time finding their account numbers will need to take a look at the upper-right hand corner of their statement where it should be hiding. To complete the payment, patients will need to whip out their trusty credit card and enter the payment amount, name, card number, expiration date, security code, and zip code.
Worried about privacy?
- Patient Notebook stores the personal information provided by patients encrypted on computer servers that are in secure locations with limited access
- Cookies are primarily used for patient convenience and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie
- Patients will receive email regarding account improvements and alerts but can opt out from the email list at any time
- Patient Notebook TAUC users can opt to decline cookies but may lose some website interactive features upon doing so
Patients that have questions about their bill or the payment process can reach out to Total Access Urgent Care directly by calling 636-556-0114. To reach the medical facility the old fashion way customers can send a letter to Billing Department 12616 Lamplighter Square St. Louis, MO 63128.