- Claims may be filed online or through mail
- Important deadlines apply to the settlement
- Administrator contact information available
When a company experiences a security breach it’s often a lose-lose situation for both the company and its customers. A perfect example of this is a security breach at Neiman Marcus that comprised the information found on customer payment cards between the dates of July 13th, 2016 and October 30th, 2016. With approximately 370,385 cards used during the time of the breach it comes as no surprise that a class action lawsuit ended up being filed. The lawsuit titled Remijas, Frank, Farnoush and Kao v. The Neiman Marcus Group, LLC has now come to settlement terms in hopes to resolve allegations of negligence, breach of implied contract, unjust enrichment, violation of state unfair business practices statutes, invasion of privacy, and violation of state data breach acts. Neiman Marcus denies these allegations but has nevertheless agreed to put an end to the matter by settling the lawsuit for the amount of $1,600,000. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can get a claim started by going to the NM Settlement page and clicking on the Submit a Claim tab (claim number and confirmation code will be needed).
More Information Pertinent to the Settlement
- Requests to be excluded and objections must be filed no later than September 4th, 2017
- The deadline by which all claims must be filed (online or by mail) is January 17th, 2018
- October 26th, 2017 is the date on which the Fairness Hearing will be held (at 9 AM CST)
- Eligible Class Members who file valid and timely claims will receive payment up to $100
It should be noted that payments may be reduced on a pro rata basis if the settlement fund isn’t enough to cover all of the claims submitted by eligible claimants. Class Members with questions regarding the settlement may wish to browse through the FAQ list posted at the NM Settlement page. Those who don’t find what they need in the FAQs may want to try reaching out to the Settlement Administrator.
NM Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- [email protected]