Health Care 4 MI
- Enroll in a plan, check the status of a case, order a MIHealth Card or apply for health care coverage
- Please note to check for Health Care Coverage and Plan Enrollment Status the user will need their beneficiary ID number
- The site is operated by MAXIMUS, Health Services, Inc. in association with the Michigan Department of Community Health – 1-888-263-5897 8am to 7pm ET – 1891 Metro Center Drive, Reston, VA 20190 USA (Maximus) or Capitol View Building, 201 Townsend Street, Lansing, Michigan 48913 (MDCH)
The Michigan Department of Community Health provides Medicaid and other DCH program beneficiaries with 24/7 access to a self-service portal that allows them to enroll in health plans, order mihealth cards, and view and update case information.
Who is the Michigan Department of Community Health?
- Founded in 1996
- Attempts to protect, preserve, and promote vulnerable and under-served populations in the state of Michigan
- The department is dedicated to the improving health of poor populations and reducing per capita costs of health care
- Operates on a tight budget and works with over 4000 hospitals
- One of 18 departments in the state of Michigan
- Employs around 3,100 at any given time and operates on a budget of less than 15 billion dollars
- The MDCH was actually created when the following services were combined into one money sucking department: Department of Public Health, the Department of Mental Health and the Medical Services Administration, the state’s Medicaid agency
The Michigan Department of Community Health operates a total of 4 adult state psychiatric hospitals in the state and 16 regional substance abuse coordinating agencies that are designed to prevent substance abuse by state residences.