ADT Home Security Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or via mail
- A variety of important deadlines apply
- Administrator can be contacted for help
Consumers typically lose the warm and fuzzy feeling that goes hand in hand with a satisfied purchase when learning important information pertaining to the product may have been held back. Perhaps the loss of such a feeling is what spurred on the filing of the lawsuit known as Michael Edenborough v. The ADT Corporation and ADT, LLC d/b/a ADT Security Services. The class action was filed over allegations that ADT failed to disclose an alleged vulnerability of the wireless sensors used in its security systems. However, it appears that ADT is not taking these allegations lying down as it has denied the allegations and liability and has asserted numerous defenses. At this point it doesn’t look like a decision on the merits of either side’s arguments will ever be made in court as the claim has come to a pending settlement valued at a jaw-dropping $16 MILLION. Those who believe they are eligible for a portion of the massive settlement fund can begin the online filing process by going to the ADT Home Security Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
10-4. Anything else before I go file?
- The deadline by which claims must be filed (online or mail) is February 28th, 2018
- Those who wish to file an exclusion or objection must do so by January 2nd, 2018
- February 1st, 2018 is the date for which the Final Approval Hearing is scheduled
- Those who don’t file a claim or request exclusion will give up their rights to sue
Eligible Class Members who had the system installed between the dates of November 13th, 2009 and July, 23rd, 2014 will be entitled to a payment of $15. Those who had installation occur between July 24th, 2014 and August 15th, 2016 are entitled a $45 payment. It should be noted that all payments are subject to adjustment. Many questions regarding the settlement can be answered by clicking the Frequently Asked Questions tab posted at the ADT Home Security Settlement page. Those who don’t find what they need in the FAQs can reach out directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator is also where all mailed claim forms must be sent.
ADT Home Security Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- [email protected]